Saturday 14 May 2011

Walking and databases

In the rough
This morning I awoke early to go for a walk with my camera, to take advantage of the early morning sunlight. Everything just looks so beautiful bathed in that warm, orange light. Alas, I must've left my camera on overnight because the batteries were flat. That gave me a perfect excuse to take another walk later in the day, though! I'm going to have to start getting back on my bike more often so that I can experience the same terrain at a more thrilling speed. Rough ground you've walked on a hundred times still looks intimidating when you're moving at 15mph!

I feel like I got through a good amount of studying, with my focus being my databases course. That's the first of my three exams next week and I'm quite confident about it. The topic of normalisation is still being taught in third year, although in three years of university and two years of college, I've yet to hear it explained better than it was in high school. Who'd have thought that, 5 years later, I'm still using knowledge from Advanced Higher Info Systems?

I'm going to have to take advantage of a quiet weekend to get through as much work as possible. Despite my best intentions, I can never manage to study effectively after sitting an exam. With 2 early in the week next week, that's 2 days of potentially ineffective studying. At least it's almost over.

Cool stuff
Web version of Angry Birds
Visualisation of a Daft Punk mashup
Build stuff with blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment