Thursday 12 May 2011

Spring rain

P1030149
The rain let up for just long enough to let me get one picture

I had my 6th exam of the semester this morning, leaving me with just 3 next week to go. To help wind down after today's exam, I put on my hiking boots and waterproofs and headed out for a walk. I suppose I'm fortunate to live right on the outskirts of town, only a five minute walk from the countryside and amazing views across the river.

Lately the weather has been typically Scottish; sunny one moment and pouring rain the next. I found myself taking shelter under some trees on the golf course as the showers started. I must've been the only person on the course at that time. The usual ping of a driver smacking a ball was nowhere to be heard, although perhaps I couldn't hear it for the wind. I grew up playing golf on that course, but alas, studying took over my life once I started university.

Tomorrow I plan to take another walk, even if it rains as expected. There's a saying that the best time to relax is when you don't have the time to. I definitely feel that the fresh air is just what I need to help beat the exam stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment