Thursday 19 May 2011

Almost there...

Arrochar Alps
The "Arrochar Alps" (Photo: Andy O'Donnell [Flickr])

As I write this it's only 24 hours until my last exam this year and the only thing keeping my excitement in check is anxiety and concern after yesterday's exam. I've also accepted an additional 2 weeks of work this summer which will give me a bit of extra money (enough to cover a semester of travel expenses) but still leave me with a couple of weeks to relax before starting the final year of my degree.

May has been one of the stormiest I can remember and I can't remember how long ago it's been since we had a day without rain. I'm hoping that the weather starts to improve for my two week break to give me a chance to get some good hiking and cycling in.

I'd love to do a couple of Munros in that time. Two which have been at the top of my to-do list for a while now are Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ime. Both are Munros (the name given to Scottish mountains at least 3000 feet high) which are part of the informally named "Arrochar Alps" (pictured above).

Although I'm not as fit as I was this time last year, I still reckon I could do both in a day. Whether or not I can convince someone to join me, however, remains to be seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment