Monday 13 December 2010

Me

My name is Euan and I'm a computing science student at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. My primary area of interest is novel interaction with technology, and I am particularly passionate about mobile technology.

I enjoy developing for the Android platform and still maintain Glasgow Bus Finder, an Android application created during a team project from my third year of undergraduate study. My most successful open-source project is tintwizard, a configuration tool for the tint2 system toolbar. This has been included in a couple of linux distributions (most notably Crunchbang Linux), and I'm proud that this project has been able to help others.

In my fourth year of undergraduate study I worked with a Microsoft Surface device as part of a research project. This is an area of research I'm very interested in, as I think interactive furniture could have a lot to offer as it becomes increasingly ubiquitous. It really could present another novel and interesting way to interact with technology.

I absolutely love the outdoors - if I'm not exploring the world around me, I'm thinking about it or reading about it. Living in Scotland I'm quite lucky - there's always somewhere interesting within walking distance, and you're never more than a short drive from the countryside. I love mountain biking and hiking both for exercise, but more as a way to get out and enjoy the countryside. I'm also a keen runner, using short runs as a way to get away from the computer and clear my mind.

Have a wonderful day, wherever you are.

[ Last updated 23rd November 2011 ]

No comments:

Post a Comment