Saturday 25 June 2011

Glasgow Bus Finder


Although it's been around 3 months since we stopped work on Glasgow Bus Finder (my team project in third year), I've gotten the urge to do a bit more Android development. Aidan and myself always had greater ambitions than just a university project and I think it's time that I visit some of the features that we never had time to initially implement.

First and foremost was the ability to move the application to the SD card, as, admittedly, it has quite a high storage footprint. 3MB is not significant by any means, but I understand how limited memory can be in some devices.

Also, at the request of a friend who owns a Galaxy Tab, I should create larger graphics to ensure that the application scales up well on tablet computers.

I came across a cool game yesterday called Proun. It's a simple racing game involving brightly coloured shapes, and jazz music. That's about all a game needs, really! The cool thing? It has no fixed price; you pay what you think it deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment