Wednesday 9 May 2012

Looks like I'm graduating

For the past seven weeks I've been studying intensely, preparing for my end of year exams. I've sat 6 so far and have 3 remaining. After some good news last week I now know that these will be the last exams I ever sit as an undergraduate. Having been unconditionally accepted to start as a PhD student this autumn, I'm now graduating early with a bachelors degree, rather than the masters degree I always intended to aim for. It's a big step, but I'm excited about it. I enjoy research and now I'll get to do even more; there won't even be pesky lectures and coursework assignments getting in the way of it!

After my last exam a week on Friday I'll have three weeks of a holiday before I start work for summer. I'm going to make the most of it and try to relax; something I've hardly had the chance to do because of exams and working on my dissertation. It's tough (despite what Allie says...) but it always pays off in the end. In that time I'll also be writing a paper on my final year project. After an unsuccessful CHI submission, I'm really hoping that it'll get in to ITS. Getting a publication out of my project work would be a rewarding bonus to what has been an intense, but hopefully successful, project.

No comments:

Post a Comment